We as the Midway Church of Christ make it our continual goal to look like, act like, and be a church in the pattern of the New Testament church. Notice some of the characteristics of the New Testament church as found in the Bible:
- Has Christ as its head (Eph. 1:22-23).
- Locally and separately organized under the oversight of elders who lead and shepherd its members (1 Tim. 3:1-7; Acts 20:17, 28-30).
- Consists of deacons, or servants, who serve in specific areas of the work of the church (1 Tim. 3:8-13).
- Every member of the Lord’s church has spiritual responsibilities to further the Lord’s work (Matt. 28:18-20; 1 Cor. 12:14-26).
- Carries the saving gospel message to the lost (Matt. 28:18-20; Mk. 16:15-16).
- Shows love and gives help to those in need (Matt. 25:34-46).
- Participates in New Testament fellowship, or interaction and encouragement of its members (Acts 2:42; Col. 2:2).
We at Midway take seriously the charge to follow the Bible in areas of church organization, authority, and operation. It is our aim to carry out this Truth in a fully loving manner (Eph. 4:15).